Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Myth (Story 3)

My town. It used to be a peaceful town. Now it is a busy town. Eventhough in New Town is where everything is happening now, Old Town still is busy enough. In fact, for a small town like my town, traffic jams can happened! Traffic jams. something that only happens in a city. But my town doesn't look like a city. Yet it is call a City.
At night in Old Town, after 9pm, it's almost a ghost town. However, with a few nasi kandar place still in Old Town, you can still see some activities near the nasi kandar places. It wasn't like that 15 years ago. It wasn't like that 10 years ago. Old Town was so quiet back then when night comes. Now, it's different. Is this progress? Is this really what a city is all about. I have been living in my town for the past 26 years. I saw it changed. Buildings were tore down to make way for new buildings. Rubber tree's were cut down to make way for more residential area. Even the abandoned mining pool area is now turned into a fishing spot and a residential area is builded around it. Now a hotel is being build near the mining pool too.
My town. They declared it a City. But it doesn't feel like a City. Even with all the traffic jams, the new buildings, the new hotel and even the new lamp posts. It still doesn't feel like a city. Doesn't look like one either. My town. The City of Myth.

|