Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Myth (Story 4)

My town is located in this land call Malaysia. 48 years of Independence. 48 years has gone by. Even though I wasn't born yet, my town survived the Japanese Occupation, it also survived the Communists. It has it's history, but it was long forgotten by the people on my town. Everything has changed. Roads were widen. New lamp posts were put up. And old building that shows time still stand, but everything around it has changed. A new mini stadium is being build for football. Football, one of Malaysia's popular sports, but the Football National Team of Malaysia has been the whipping boys this several years. My town. It was around when the Football National Team of Malaysia qualified for the Olympic in Moscow but then has to boycott it.
My town. They call it a City now. A City that doesn't looks like a City but more like a town. They build pavements for people to walk in. They are still building pavements. They changed some roads from two way street to one way street. They put a huge statue of a bowl in the middle of Old Town. I couldn't figure out why. They cut down trees to make way for the widening of the roads. I couldn't figure out why.
My town. They call it a City. I call it the City of Myth.

|