Tuesday, November 08, 2005

1.8 million isn't even enough to get a McD

I was told in my previous post that the franchise to open a McD is RM1.8 million. True or not, I can't confirm it, but if we give it a benefit of a doubt and say it is true, then why my town is able to have 2 KFC (same owner even). One in Old Town and one in New Town. Does it mean that the KFC franchise is much cheaper? Or is it that they noticed that working people like to eat KFC more than they like to eat burgers? But if that argue is true? Then why there is so many small burger stalls in Old Town at night? I mean, near my house, there is already 2 small burger stalls and from what I have seen, they are doing rather well. Oh, I think I forgot to mention. I live in Old Town.
I highly doubt that opening a McD outlet is going to fail or lose out to KFC. In fact, I believe it will have gained the advantage.
And to mahagurusia, I would have open one, if I have the 1.8 million to go + an extra million to find a location and renovate the place.
Hopefully, anyone rich enough or business enough, who wants to try they luck can come to the City of Myth (and no, I am not going to tell where is my town yet) and try to break KFC's dominance.

|