Monday, November 07, 2005

Living In A City

My town is actually a City. However, no matter how you look at my town, you can't say it is a City because it never really was one in the first place. In Old Town, there are many Colonial Era buildings. And all these Colonial buildings are being forced to paint with the same color! I agree that painting all the building with the same color makes it look more neat and nice to look at, but it loses it appeal from it's Colonial past. I just don't understand why the local goverment of my town wants all the Colonial buildings to be painted in the same color! If I was in charge, I would have just leaft it alone or asked the building owners to restore the original colors of the buildings.
Living in a City. With the tallest building is just 7 storey's high in my town, can my town really be call a City? With my town having more residential area, can my town really be call a City? With no tourist spot in or near my town, can my town really be call a City? With so many abandoned projects in my town, can my town really be call a City?
It would be a joke if I say that "I am living in a City". As I have said countless time, my town doesn't look, feel or sound like a City. That's why it is A City Of Myth.

|